A typically matrix, covered with bladed, cavernous Quartz from the well known Slovakian locale Ľubietová of Banská Bystrica. These Quartz blades are richly scattered with octahedral Libethenite crystals accompanied by botryoidal, lighter green Malachite. The Libethenite here, Ľubietová is by the way type locality, is sharp edged and highly lustrous. A neat piece from this long time abandoned locality. Old German name is Libethen and the old Hungarian name is Libetbánya. Ľubietová is one of the most important and best-known historical deposits of copper in Europe. Copper was mined here as early as the Bronze Age. The period of greatest activity was in the 15th and 16th centuries. Mining was curtailed during the Turkish invasions of 1571–1588, and the mines were finally abandoned in 1863.